Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Be careful what you wish for.

As the saying goes, you just mught get it. I wanted a transfer to more interesting and important work, and I got it. Now I'm sitting here, kinda smelly because I've been at work for over 13 hours with no end in sight (well actually the end for me today should be an hour or so after tech get the servers up).

At least I get overtime, although it's less appealing the day after payday when I have plenty of cash (literally cash - bank accounts in malta are a little difficult to obtain) and won't be reaping the fruits of my labours for another 31 days.

Malta (the little bits I've seen of it) is a pretty sweet place. I'm too tired today to really feel like trying to be clever or informative. I like my house (except for the slight gas leak we have for our stovetop), my flatmates (except when they wake me up early), my job (as much as I complain about it sometimes), etc.

I'm still alive, just kinda busy. Working for a living isn't all it's cracked up to be (or more accurately it is all it's cracked down to be, and then some - right now I'm staring at a photo of Mt Ruapehu on a perfect winter's day and wondering what possessed me to take this job over the Chalet "girl" position in a Swiss ski resort whose name I have forgotten because that's how effective work is at scrubbing nomadic impulses out of your soul.

That's very negative, at least work is usually much more fun (even if it's fun in the way that banging your head against the wall a hundred times is - it feels so good when you stop) than cleaning rooms, although I wish we were based somewhere with good ski hills.

I'll try and be more reliable about blogging in future, but we'll see.

Comments:
In NZ Canada looks good,
in Canada Malta looks good,
in Malta Switzerland sounds nice...
my advice is enjoy what you've got, till it's time to get something else...
 
nice new blog... very flash in deed... speaking of mt ruapehu we just had the last two days of the season and boy were they awesome. lovely soft fresh snow...mmm..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?