Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I'm a snow snob.

It's not the kind of thing that I should be admitting, especially since I took a stubborn pride at Whakapapa in going up every day that any of the lifts were open. Yes, I went up even if only Happy Valley was open and it was raining. It was what I did.

Here, I'm one of those people that almost only appears after a snowfall. I'm a bit more committed than that, but not much. It depends what mood I'm in.

In many ways, I'm kinda done with winter. Snowboarding is still better than being poked in the eye with a blunt stick. But it's no longer something I just have to get out there and do all the time. This is kind of sad, and I could blame the bad parts of the season for sucking my motivation (I'm not quite sure how, but I could), but really, it's my fault.

But anyway, there's still a few days left in the season, althought I'm sure I'll make it up for at least one more day snowboarding. It will probably closing day and only out of a feeling of duty, but it'll be a day up the hill anyway.

Yes, I should have been forcing myself to go up the hill, and riding all day every day. My snowboarding would be much better now. But hey, what's done is done. I'm sure that in a month or three I'll be eagerly awaiting the next winter (for which I will probably be in Europe) but for now, it feels like time to move on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?