Friday, December 31, 2004
It's the end of the year as we know it.
The snow is deeper than my head!
I've been given a night janitor job! It's 3:30 to midnight, 3 "days" a week, which is pretty much perfect as far as I am concerned. I'll still be available for a couple days a week housekeeping (at the same place) if I'm needed during busy weeks, so I think my job / money problems have been sorted. Plus, I get to ride up to 7 days a week if I want. BOO YAH!
Random comments about housekeeping
1) I now have a compulsion to fold the free end of our toilet paper into a nice triangle every time I'm in the bathroom.
2) My knuckles are so dry they are splitting - everywhere else is fine, just the knuckles (which recieve regular dribbles of cleaning fluid) are so dry that they were almost bleeding today. Other people have the same problem, so "cleaner's knuckles" can joins "vacuumer's elbow", "floor-scrubber's knees", and similar housekeeping ailments.
So, the last post of the year (in a couple hours I'm off the stand around a large fire in a field and wait for some clock somewhere to tick over to 00:00 01/01/05
How bout some New Year's Resolutions?
1) Snowboard at least five days a week.
2) Eat less instant noodles (I'll try and cut down to five packets a week).
3) Eat more vegetables (especially vegetables other than frozen corn)
4) Eat more chicken (my flatmates are cooking a chicken curry right now and it smells goood).
5) Write in my blog at least five days a week (and none of that communist garbage I started spouting yesterday - I've already been told by Edouard that yesterday's post was too long.
6) Solve the situation in the Middle East
7) Pay my parents back (I'm tempted to get some stickers made up saying "sponsored by Mum and Dad", since there are a lot of people out here who owe their lifestyle to their parents).
Seven is a good number for a list.
Happy New Year!