Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Actually, just about everyone in town is dreaming of a white christmas. Actually, a white Boxing day, or Christmas eve, or even a white St John of Kanty's Day. We're even willing to wait until St Sylvester's day (but not St Tweety's day, since that doesn't actually exist). Basically, we're not fussy, as long as it snows, and snows lots.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

On the upside, I'm finally getting some more work - 11 hours this week in two days, and I'm working tommorow and Christmas eve, barring a big dump of snow. I might finally be clawing myself back from the total poverty stage of being a ski bum. Or not.

But, there are more important things in life than money. Like just about everything else in life - except watching American / New Zealand / Papua New Guinea Idol and Star Trek, I just can't see the point of those shows.

Ahem, but anyway, it's kind of frustrating living here, especially since the TV continues to show news stories about how much snow Eastern Canada is getting. It's not even like I have a great job. I clean bathrooms, make beds, and vacuum at a hotel and vacation home complex just out of town. It's not a bad job, but it's not worth writing home about (except that I am because I have nothing else to write about right now).

The only interesting thing about housekeeping (besides the very slight prospect of two cleaning chemicals exploding when you "accidentally" mix them together) is that you get to see just how messy other people are when away from home. Well, that and the refunds available on all the bottles and cans we find. Anyway, all the people who have ever complained about my tidyness, should just see how messy some people can be in just one day.

Again, I don't have a lot to say, my brain is on holiday.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?